In American Way magazine March 15, 2002 issue, Jimmy Buffet quoted from his autobiography "I always looked at life as a voyage … with a thousand ports of call behind me and, I hope, a thousand more to see.” He also said, “I’ve always wanted to do ‘The Jimmy Buffett 10 Best Bars in the Caribbean’ as a show. Just get in my seaplane and play these bars."
In the same article, Le Select in St. Barts is one of his 10 best picks, and he is quoted as saying "I let them use the Cheeseburger in Paradise trademark for the restaurant and I get to eat and drink free for the rest of my life. "
Le Select in St. Barts, was the original restaurant to use the trademark "Cheeseburger in Paradise" name. Jimmy Buffet is a regular visitor to St. Barts and other islands where he gets inspiration for many of his songs and some of the characters in his books.
Our plan was to purchase a loaf of bread, cheese and a bottle of wine and head to the beach for a relaxing day. However, we ended up eating at Le Select before the beach.
John looking in a store window.
